The Plasma Punch combination
In a joint effort with the fine plasma technology firm of Kjellberg, Boschert has developed a cost effective alternative to combination punch / laser machines.
Because of the advances in the fine plasma technology in recent years, it is now possible to cut even thin gauge sheet metal with very high quality.
An additional advantage of the Boschert CombiCut is that our EccoLine, TWIN and TRI Machines can all be equipped with plasma.
With this versatility Boschert can meet all customers requirements.
Productivity, Quality, Flexibility:
decisive in the competition
With the introduction of the HiFocus technology in the year 2000, the world of plasma cutting saw a new dimension of productivity, quality and variety of application, all based on the well accepted FineFocus technology. The exceptional quality of the cutting surfaces is characterized by dross free cuts, the fine tolerance of the cut angle and straightness of cut, as well as smoothness of the cut edge and a positioning tolerance of +/- 0.2 mm. In addition, repeatability is 0.03 mm and is based on the technology of the HiFocus system, which is known world-wide.
Soft-Switch Inverter Technology
Technological flexibility, achievable cutting quality and availability of the cutting system depend extensively on the coordination between power source and plasma cutting torch. Furthermore the productivity is influenced significantly by the configuration of the power source. Primary-switched electronic power sources offer optimal possibilities for realising those demands. For this reason the inverter power source HiFocus 161i was developed, having the favourable working range of 4 to 160 A.
Further advantages are:
• Superior cutting quality due to flexible adaption of the process sequence to the cutting job
• Optimized cutting process by fast control of the cutting current, high dynamic response at small contours and reduced run-in path, corner signal, etc.
• Longetivity of consumables by controlled current rampup and ramp-down during the start and stop sequence and at piercing as well
• Rapid operation start because of extremely fast transition from pilot arc to main arc
• Small components, therefore low weight
• Improved energy balance due to minimized switching losses
• Independent of mains fluctuations
• All cutting parameters controllable by serial interface; serial data transfer to PC for diagnostic purposes